Saturday, March 22, 2014

Test day

Test day is tomorrow.  We will see how far Dena has come and the other dogs too.
Jim had Dena tested for Canine Good Citizen last fall and she failed miserably.

I took her to Petco to train a little this afternoon.  Those aisles are wonderful for making straight sits.  As always, in a pet store, she nearly had a nervous breakdown.  We heeled up and down the aisles and sit/stayed and plotzed until I could take no more.

I will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

March 23 was our test.  Dena did as well as could be expected.  Last year she took the Canine Good Citizenship test and she failed.  She failed because she was overly concerned when she was left alone for 3 minutes which is the final task.  This year she passed.   She was not happy to have me leave her but she didn't make a huge deal about it.  Way to go Dena!

This is the end of the training blog.  I will continue working with Dena and of course Jim will continue to train Dopple.  If there are more classes, I will return to posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment